Montag, 22. Juli 2013

I have a sense, that my blog could become more active in the near future. I once started out to focus on rare Jazz Vinyl and wasn't well informed, how many wonderful blogs about the very same topic do exist. So in the meantime I started and continued reading daily posts on so many great blogs like Al's Jazzcollector site or the Jazz collectors from London or Stockholm.. (I'm not very familiar with linking all these blogs, but I'll work myself into that pretty soon). So there you have the the first reason, why I stopped blogging so quickly. Other people had the better records and the better writing skills. Easy as that. Anyways. The more you grow into the field of active work and business, the more you sit in front of computers and you maltreat your keyboard most of your work life. The same time the interest to write at the computer whilst privately at home declines. You focus on something different, sports, drinking, listening to records, life in general. That's the second reason for blogging less. Life has something more to give than just looking into monitors. On the other hand, I never stopped collecting records. And while I was scrolling down my favourites I came across my old, old blog. So I started to think and I'm really willing to renew everything in the next time and I have ideas as well. Record collecting has grown to a very expensive hobby. You don't find bargains that easy anymore (as far as you're living in Germany) and collectable records get high prices. For me with a fairly limited budget it's just impossible to score high on some sought after Blue Notes, Prestiges, or other records from labels like Bethlehem, Savoy or New Jazz. But that's okay with me. I like jazz and I like Vinyl. If you combine both, you don't automatically get Lee Morgan on Blue Note. There's much more. So my idea is, to focus on some not so well known LP's that are nice and can sometimes be had at fair (bairgain) prices. I think of the likes of Lou Blackburn, Lefty Edwards or Chauncey Westbrook. Ring a bell? They don't get much interest, but I can't imagine why, they made great music. So I'll be spotlighting some of these guys. So in the near future I'll be focusing on some underrated records and I'll spice it up with whatever records I'll have and will get my hands on. That implicates, that not all records will be M- or always in excellent shape. Some of these records didn't pop up very often, so it's hit or miss it for the next half year or longer. I had great luck and always did get nice records. It's okay with me, I love the music, the whole deal. It's for the music, not for the minty item you hesitate to use and listen to it. A collection completes your household through the music you can get out of it. The better the condition of a record, the better it is. But my records are meant to be played. So, these are my ideas for now. Let's think about a record to start with. I'm pretty excited.

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite