Sonntag, 4. Februar 2007

A warm welcome

Hello and welcome to this new blog, that only deals with music, old records and the passion for diggin' in the crates to find some vintage vinyl!

It's no big thing to get the newest or even some older Rap-records nowadays - because I do listen to that kind of stuff also - since there are so many local spots or even mailorders around.
So I was thinking about choosing only the Jazz-records for this blog.
On the one hand, 40 to 50 year old Jazz-LP's are much more scarce and on the other hand, you can tell the history of the record, the label, the artists and like the many Blue Notes' I own and will own in the future - there is another kind of aura or even mystery around them.

Now you know, that I sometimes gladly, sometimes not so gladly spend my money on vintage Jazz-Lp's and I'm as talkative to show them to others with the same interest and passion in this beautiful music.
I once was a fan of the ballad-type stuff, but with the recognition of the huge field of Jazz itself, I recognized, that it's more than just Lounge-music for the academic white guy, as Jazz is always considered of. So I hope, too that this blog will get some untouched listeners to get to that hard swinging stuff and that they'll reveal something like passion for this thrilling music.

Some last words about my favourites.
I'm always thinking about my Top 10 or so Jazz- Albums, but I can't determine any. Most of all, I'm into modal Jazz and straight Hard-Bop in smaller band settings, so this makes me a real Blue Note-guy.
Real passionate music lovers and record collectors do often think negative about guys like me, but that's their opinion. They think, that there's a lot of better music out there (that's no doubt in some cases) and Blue Noters are only focussed on real original pressings to shelve them and look at the covers.
I really like the music and all that other stuff, so I'll buy the records to listen to them!
Blue Note is indeed my most favourite label, because everything is harmonious. You have the right acoustics made by Rudy van Gelder (the famous engineer) with the artists always having a voice on the set-up of the studio, too. You have the famous covers made by Reid Miles, the arrangements of Al Lion, the photographs of Frank Wolff and all that stuff. Combined with the legends around this label and the peculiarites of the records and of course with the beautiful swingin' music of countless inventive artists, you have something, that's worth to be collected.
So this blog is about all those Blue Notes, Prestiges, Contemporarys, Impuleses and all other Jazz records, I can get a hold of.

So, I hope you'll enjoy the discussions about my newest records (and maybe about some elder records also) and keep checking this blog!

thanks.

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite